Thursday, November 26, 2009

2009 Cayenne Turbo S

my first Porsche - 2009 Cayenne Turbo S, new from dealer 5 miles on odometer.

Great deal.

2009 Cayenne Turbo S_diesel-1

Options:
Basalt Black Metallic
Black/Havanna Bicolor Leather
Panoramic Roof System
Roll-up Sunscreens,
Rearview Camera including Park Assist
21" Sportplus Wheel with Wheel Arch Extension
Light Comfort Package w/ Driver Memory Package
Sports Seats with Comfort Memory Package
Interior Wood PH4 Dark Wood Package with Gear Selector Lever
Audio and Communications 9W5 Bluetooth Handsfree Phone

Interface
XM Satellite Radio
Universal Audio Interface
So I take delivery and begin the 2 mile drive home, beep - oil pressure sensor failure light comes on. Call dealer "seen that simple flash"
Back to dealer next day, they drive same light, flash computer, drive same light. By the way they smelt coolant and changed coolant housing while they were at, (to their credit). Keep car another day and inform me needs new oil pump, no part in US have to find one in Germany, not sure when part will arrive and then it does 2-3 days to replace pump. So to finish my vent have owned CTS for 4 days, 3 at dealer and 1 at my home with at least another week at dealer maybe more. I am so bummed out by all this  feel violated as techs poke away at my brand new $100k+ vehicle with <50 miles on it. How concerned should I be or am I overreacting and all will be well soon? By far the most I ever spent on a vehicle and never expected this. Have nightmares that after 1-2 weeks in shop this fix fails and I am back at square one.

No comments: