Thursday, November 26, 2009

Windshield wipers that sound like two angry elephants...

I'm serious that what they sounded like the first time I turned them on during the heavy rain last Friday in the Northeast.
During my test drive, I was very impressed with the arm action of the wipers, they looked as if they were going to be the best wipers ever designed!!
During use last week in the pouring rain they skipped across the windshield only near the top of the window and made the worst sound I have ever heard.
My first thought was that there must have been a protective film on them. I instantly remembered the old "rubbing alcohol trick" to revive old wipers. Stopped and picked up some rubbing alcohol and wiped them down but to no avail...problem actually may have gotten worse.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who has heard this? If so any suggestions or old threads on this subject?
Thanks in advance!

Hmmm..

I tried both Rain-X and 303 solutions and no longer have noisy wipers; since I tried both I can't tell you which one worked.

No comments: